Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Programming Introduction - Note

In one of previous posts I said that I will be using SharpDevlop 4.0,because SharpDevelop 2,3 were fantastic.On outside SD looks good like it was but when you start to write programs you can notice that it cotains so much bugs that so you can't really use it,I was working recently on bigger program just to see how SD will handle it and discovered numerus bugs,the worst ones were: SD report error message and If you proceed working in it,nothing what you write gets saved,and save button is disabled(I reported this bug but I can't see that someone tryed to change it..So my advice is if SD fails do not proceed just close it and restart),SD not reading saved solutions,you have to open it manually,partial clasess don't get compiled so SD reports bugs in your code.. and so on,after I gived up on writing something serious in SD In widows application templates,I was curious that maybe and just maybe SD team gived advantage to WPF applications and cuted down bug number because that is new future technology of C#.After opening new solution and working 5 minutes It failed couple of times,so I decided to install Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate,works like charm.So from now on I will be using VS 2010 Ultimate,don't worry code is the same,but In VS you can be sure that error is in your code,not in IDEs code...


I don't want to insult anyone but SD 4.0 should be marked as Pre-alpha!
I fully understand that Microsoft is releasing new technology too fast for One open-source project to follow,and just when they clean SD of bugs new version on framework is released so they have to start all over agian.I also noticed that they made changes to SD UI,time they used for altering UI could be use better used for bug fixing.

Vote